- Internet Marketing
- Social Media
- Site-Seeker Website
Update – Who Uses Twitter?
The other day I was hanging out in New York with a bunch of business owners when someone asked, Who Uses Twitter Anyway? That got me thinking about this post and my need to update it… So here goes.
Pew’s Internet and American Life Project is a great source of information about Internet usage in America. Here a few updated facts.
Percent of Internet users who use twitter has increased.
Demographic Data – Who Uses Twitter
Mobile Twitter Usage
Many thanks to the folks at Pew, for this great data!
Who Uses Twitter Usage Demographic Overview
- According to Quancast, 27 million people in the US used Twitter as of 09/03/2009.
- 63% of Twitter users are less than 35 years old.
- 60% Twitterers, are Caucasian, but a higher than average (compared to other Internet properties) are African American (16%) and Hispanic (11%).
- 58% of people using Twitter have a total household income of at least $60K.
Twitter Usage by Age Group
ComScore provides more insight.
- Twitter usage in 2009 grew approximately 900% – from 2 million users to 20 million in 2009.
- In December 2008, 65% of all Twitter users was between 25 and 54 years old.
- The fastest growing group of Twitter users was the under 25 group. Jumped from 20% to 30% of all users in 2009.
Global Twitter Usage by Country
The US accounts for 51% of all Twitter users. See the below Table created by Sysomos.
More to come…
Brian Bluff is the President and Co-Founder of Site-Seeker, Inc., a Central New York based Internet Marketing Firm that has been recognized as being one of New York’s fastest growing small businesses. Together with his brother and Co-Founder Eddie Bluff - Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Brian has grown the company into a successful source of Internet Marketing Solutions, with offices and employees in three states.
Prior to becoming an entrepreneur, Brian studied Micro-Electric Engineering at the Rochester Institute of Technology. After earning his Bachelor’s degree and spending several years in the United States Navy; Brian went on to work for some of the countries most successful companies including; Pfizer, M&T Bank, and PAR Technology - where he held several Vice President positions, including Vice President of Marketing at Rome Research Corporation and Vice President/General Manager of PAR Logistics Management Systems – the company that pioneered the asset tracking industry. In 2000, Brian went on to start his first business, TCO Inc. As a provider of Internet marketing solutions, TCO, Inc. became one of the first of its kind in Central New York, offering clients a competitive advantage online through the use of consulting, online marketing, and the Thomas Industrial Network.
Today, Brian shares the secrets of Internet marketing on the national stage, traveling throughout the U.S. and Canada to speak at trade shows, seminars, and association meetings. Brian is also a speaker in Site-Seeker Inc.'s webinar series including Jolt & Bolt and Lunch & Learn.
There are no upcoming events.View Calendar »