- Internet Marketing
- Social Media
- Site-Seeker Website
Update – Who Uses Twitter?
The other day I was hanging out in New York with a bunch of business owners when someone asked, Who Uses Twitter Anyway? That got me thinking about this post and my need to update it… So here goes.
Pew’s Internet and American Life Project is a great source of information about Internet usage in America. Here a few updated facts.
Percent of Internet users who use twitter has increased.
Demographic Data – Who Uses Twitter
Mobile Twitter Usage
Many thanks to the folks at Pew, for this great data!
Who Uses Twitter Usage Demographic Overview
- According to Quancast, 27 million people in the US used Twitter as of 09/03/2009.
- 63% of Twitter users are less than 35 years old.
- 60% Twitterers, are Caucasian, but a higher than average (compared to other Internet properties) are African American (16%) and Hispanic (11%).
- 58% of people using Twitter have a total household income of at least $60K.
Twitter Usage by Age Group
ComScore provides more insight.
- Twitter usage in 2009 grew approximately 900% – from 2 million users to 20 million in 2009.
- In December 2008, 65% of all Twitter users was between 25 and 54 years old.
- The fastest growing group of Twitter users was the under 25 group. Jumped from 20% to 30% of all users in 2009.
Global Twitter Usage by Country
The US accounts for 51% of all Twitter users. See the below Table created by Sysomos.
More to come…
Brian Bluff, President and Co-Founder of Site-Seeker, studied Micro-Electronic Engineering at the Rochester Institute of Technology. After RIT, Brian served as a Surface Warfare Officer in the United States Navy and then went to work in several Vice President and General Manager positions for some of the countries most successful companies. In 2000, Brian started his first business, TCO Inc – one of the original providers of Internet marketing solutions. Brian speaks nationally on a variety of digital marketing topics.